Booking Terms and Conditions for Notices in Cambridgeshire

  • An administration fee is taken at the time of booking for all notice appointments. Provided you turn up on time with all original documents and meet the legal criteria notice will be taken and the admin fee utilised accordingly. You may re-schedule your appointment once free of charge provided you give us at least 2 full working days notice (Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays). If you give less notice, fail to turn up, fail to turn up on time and we are unable to proceed due to other appointments, we are unable to take the notice due to you not following the information provided on booking or you cancel completely this fee is forfeit. If we have to cancel the appointment for any reason we will re-schedule free of charge but no refund will be due.

  • If the information provided when booking is incorrect and, as a consequence, we are unable to complete your notice(s) then you will lose your fee and you will be required to book another appointment. 

  • We will be unable to take your notice(s) if you do not provide the documents as listed below at your appointment.  If this occurs then you will lose your fee and will be required to book new appointments. 


Documents you'll need to give notice 

All documents must be ORIGINAL and not photocopies or printed from online services. If not in English, a translation must be provided signed by a third party with their contact details. We cannot take your notice if you fail to produce the documents as listed. There is a fee to correct a notice if, once signed, it is found to be incorrect, so please check carefully before signing. 

You will need to bring the following to your appointment:​ 

  • details of the venue for your ceremony

  • a CURRENT valid passport (for any country), If you do not have a current valid passport and are:

    • British. Bring your FULL birth certificate. Please note: If you were born on or after 1 January 1983 we will also need to see your Mother's birth certificate.

    • European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss National. Bring your valid national identity card issued by your country.

    • Non-European Economic Area (EEA) National. Bring your valid biometric immigration document.

  • proof of any name changes (for example, an original copy of a deed poll)

  • proof of your current address in England or Wales. This MUST be one of the following:​

    • valid UK driving licence

    • Council tax bill for the current year

    • gas, water or electricity bill dated within 3 months of your notice date

    • bank or building society statement within 1 month of your notice date

    • current tenancy agreement or mortgage statement dated within 12 months of your notice date

    • letter from the Owner or Proprietor of the address where you are residing confirming that you have resided at that address for at least 7 CLEAR days immediately prior to the date of your notice appointment. This letter MUST state that the person providing the letter is the Owner or Proprietor of the property, their name and address and MUST be signed by them. 


If you or your partner is from outside the EU, EEA or from Switzerland and do not hold Right of Abode or Indefinite Leave to Remain 

​You will also need to bring:​ 

  • a passport sized photo for each of you (even if only one of you is from outside the EU, EEA or from Switzerland)

  • proof of your current immigration status (for example, your visa). If this is not in your current passport we will also need to see your expired passport showing your immigration status. You and your partner may also be required to pay an additional fee for referral to The Home Office.

  • a translation of any documents that are not in English  


If you’ve been married or in a civil partnership before 

You will also need to bring one of the following ORIGINAL documents:​ 

  • a decree absolute or final dissolution of civil partnership order (for some counties, such as, but not limited to Italy, Lithuania, Portugal or Spain we will ALSO need to see the record of the civil transcription of the divorce made in the civil register). If you are not using the name shown on your decree absolute or civil partnership dissolution document you will also need to produce your marriage/ civil partnership certificate .

  • the death certificate of your former partner if you were still married/in a civil partnership to them at the time of their death. If you are not mentioned on the certificate, you will also need to produce your marriage or civil partnership certificate. 

If your divorce, annulment or dissolution was granted outside of the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man you will need to pay a fee of £50 for the local register office to check your documents or £75 if the General Register Office needs to check them.  

Please note that clearance by General Register Office may not be given with the 28 waiting period following the date of your notice.  

A foreign divorce will usually be recognised in England and Wales if it was valid in the country where it was granted. If the divorce document is not in English, a certified translation into English is required. This MUST include the name and address of the person who provided the translation. 

If you or your partner are under military orders from a Non-European Economic Area (EEA) serving on a base in England or Wales  

You will also need to bring:  

  • Your military orders​ 

If you or your partner are under 18

You will also need to bring:​ 

  • written consent of a parent or guardian by completing and signing this form. The document must be brought to the appointment.


We will be unable to take your notice(s) if you do not provide the required documents at your appointment.  If this occurs then you will lose your fee and will be required to book new appointments.

After booking your appointment you will receive a confirmation email with a link to our webpage.  You must consult the page at: or;

; before your appointment(s) to ensure that you have the correct documents. This is especially essential if one of you is a foreign national in which case additional documentation will be required and you MUST provide passport photos.