top of page

We know that your wedding or civil partnership is a unique and special occasion and we want to help make it a day to remember.  Whatever your arrangements, whatever your choice, we are here to ensure that your ceremony is what you want it to be and just as importantly that it is carried out in accordance with the law.

Whether you are planning an intimate or large ceremony or something in between you can find a venue to suit your plans in Cambridgeshire.  Your ceremony can take place in one of our four well located Ceremony Rooms, at one of Cambridgeshire’s individual Approved Venues or in a religious building, these pages will act as a guide to the arrangements you may need to make, and the legal formalities required.

Civil Marriage or Civil Partnership?  What's the difference?

A civil marriage is a non-religious, spoken contract between two people.   Two registrars are in attendance to officiate at your ceremony.

A civil partnership is a non-religious, written contract between two people.  It can involve simply signing the legal paperwork or can be incorporated into a ceremony, giving couples the opportunity to formally pledge their love and commitment to each other.

A same sex civil partnership can be converted to a marriage by appointment.  This can be a simple administrative procedure in the presence of a registrar or a ceremony in an Approved Venue or a Council Ceremony Room.  

Please contact us here if you would like to convert your civil partnership to a marriage.

Where can my Ceremony take place?

You can have a ceremony in:

Civil Ceremonies in Cambridgeshire

The historic county of Cambridgeshire includes the university city of Cambridge, the cathedral city of Ely, a variety of riverside market towns and rural scenic villages.  We can offer you a diverse choice of venues from city centre hotels to waterside locations, from historic college buildings to country clubs and commanding stately homes to rustic barns.  We offer outdoor ceremonies at selected venues from 1 March to 31 October.  Take a look at the links below to find the venue which suits your plans.



Decided where you're having your ceremony?


Click here to find out what to do next

Marriage and Civil Partnership

bottom of page