top of page

If neither party lives in the Registration District where a non-Anglican religious building is located then there are only very specific legal circumstances that will allow notice to be taken and for the ceremony to take place there.


These are only if :

  • there is no such religious building in the Registration District where either party resides AND the one stated for the ceremony is the closest geographically or;

  • at least one party has a current and on-going connection with the religious building where the ceremony is intended to take i.e. this is where they currently worship on a regular basis. 

Where neither situation applies you could consider creating residency instead.  Click here for details.

Marriages in non-Anglican religious buildings in a registration district where neither party resides

bottom of page